Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5 reasons why teachers annoy the heck out of me, a student

  1. they give tons of homework. do they think we don't have lives or something? do they think we have extra time to do all of the busy-work? sometimes i wonder
  2. they are grouchy. some teachers are just plain cranky. why be a teacher if you don't like to be around kids? and even if they are having a bad day, they shouldn't take it out on innocent teenagers
  3. they are hypocrites. i hate it when teachers say, "no cell phones in class", then when their cell phone rings, their explanation is "it's an emergency". our calls are emergencies too. this is just plain hypocrisy in my book
  4. they are monotone. if you're going to talk about something boring, you might as well make it as fun as you possibly can. this might include hitting some different notes on the vocal scale. the purpose of school is to teach, and kids don't learn when they're asleep.
  5. the final reason is... dum da da dum!..... teachers are just plain rude/mean/inconsiderate. i hate, hate, hate, it when teachers stare at you like you are the stupidest creature to roam planet Earth. or when they say sarcastically, "did you really just ask that?" teachers need to learn some manners. if they want us to respect them, i think they should give us a little respect.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I liked your perspectives on these. As I look at the teacher list, I hope that I only fit the first one....? I know I don't have a cell phone so I know that is not me and I agree with you on this one. I know I give homework and I'm sorry about that, but someday maybe you will thank me...and if it makes you feel any better, I do have to grade it all and I have a life, too!...I guess that is really what life is about is figuring out how to get it all done! :-)
    Mrs. Scott

    ReplyDelete