Sunday, March 15, 2009

i need a tylenol!!!!!!

for most people, car rides can be a relaxing, enjoyable time where they talk and grow closer to one another. this is usually not the case with my family. but 1st of all, let me introduce my family to you in age order.

  • first, there's me, presli. i'm the oldest of 6 kids and i'm almost 16 years old. i love being around my friends, playing sports, and reading. i like to have fun w/ my siblings, but every now and then, like most normal people, i just need a break.
  • the second child born to my parents is cason. cason shoots hoops outside every day, even when it's freezing cold. he is a 14 year old boy who loves, loves, loves, to tease his 4 sisters. so our house is usually full of female voices screaming our favorite phrase, "CASON!!!!"
  • third child- kori. she will be 12 in 2 weeks:) fun fun. kori is the shopper of our family. if she had money, a drivers' license, and my mom's permission, she would be in town every day looking for new clothes. kori also can not stand it when the little girls ask their silly questions. she has about the same amount of patience that i have.
  • taylor is the 4th born and is 9 years old. she loves to sing. she has been singing even before she could talk. (we have it on video for proof) taylor loves little kids and is a very good babysitter for my mom.
  • jordi k. is the second to the last of the children in our family. she idolizes all of her older sisters, especially taylor- but she'll never admit it. jordi is very athletic and loves to play volleyball and basketball w/ her dad. she also does gymnastics along w/ kori and taylor. they are all getting good at it, and they can now do more pullups than me. (i can only do 1/2, so that's not too hard to do)
  • crue is the baby of the family, and he is very spoiled. he is usually a fun, cheerful boy to be around, but, like all 4 year-olds, he has his grumpy moments. crue loves to be the center of attention, and pouts if he doesn't get it from us.

so now that you know a little bit about me and my siblings, let me tell you about our car rides. it starts when we walk out the door; we have assigned seats according to age, but for some reason, the younger kids forget that rule. so when we walk out the door, someone calls "i get middle". then an argument breaks out, and everyone gets involved, and my parents have to say "the next person who talks mean is walking!" so then we all sit in silence for a while.

after the awkward silence, someone asks if we can watch a movie. then an argument starts over what movie to watch, and the process starts over.

then after a movie is decided on, someone says my mom's name. for some reason, everyone decides to talk to my mom at the same time, and our car resounds with the word, "MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM!!!" well, soon cason, kori, and i all have a headache, my mom has a headache, my dad has a headache, and we're all annoyed with each other.

when our destination is finally reached, we're not very happy with one another. but, after being apart from each other for a while, we forgive and forget. but only until the next trip we take together:D

2 comments:

  1. Girl i think you forgot one thing...your family's billion potty breaks!!:) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl our car rides are just like that! :)

    ReplyDelete